Developing the Potential of Women
Founded in 1921, the Junior League of Louisville is part of a network of more than 291 Junior League Organizations across the globe. We are a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization, whose members are dedicated to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Our commitment has remained unwavering: to develop exceptionally qualified civic leaders who can identify a community’s most urgent and pressing needs and address them with meaningful and relevant programs and initiatives that not only improve lives, but change the way people think.
Benefits of Membership:
- Connections to communities in need, to people we serve and to those we serve with
- Training programs that help train for effective community service and community leadership
- Pursuit of Interests – Opportunities to engage with like-minded women and pursue common interests
- Community Impact – Awareness of community needs and the opportunities to contribute to solutions so that we can continue to make a positive impact in the community
- Leadership Development – Numerous opportunities to learn new leadership skills
- New friends and Opportunities – You have the ability to meet other like-minded women in a social and supportive setting
- Membership Transferability – League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and England.
As you consider your application, please give careful thought to our member qualifications. All JLL candidates should possess and demonstrate a commitment to:
- Community Service
- Bettering Our Community
- Developing Personal Potential to Affect Community Change
- All candidates for the incoming new member class must be at least 22 years of age. Please note, there is no maximum age to join the JLL.
- All candidates are required to uphold the responsibilities of membership and adhere to the JLL’s regulations, policies and procedures, as well as strive to fulfill the obligations asked of each member.
Next Step: Become a Member
Contact the Vice President of Membership with any questions or additional information.
Transferring to the Junior League of Louisville?
To initiate a transfer into the JLL, please contact your current League to request a transfer. Once your transfer has been initiated by your current League, you will receive transfer information from our Administrative Assistant and Transfer Chair. If you have any questions, please email Kirstin Jackson, JLL Administrative Assistant.